Frequently Asked Questions
At Dynamic Lawn we would be happy to answer any of your lawn care questions. Our qualified lawncare technicians get asked everything under the sun. Check out our growing library of lawncare questions and if your inquiry is not in our list please do not hesitate to contact us.
Our treatments will begin in the spring, around the 3rd week of March.
Our program consists of the highest quality granular fertilizer and liquid weed controls.
We offer a 6 application program:
- Round 1 – Granular fertilizer with pre-emergent crabgrass control
- Round 2 – Granular fertilizer with pre-emergent crabgrass control and broadleaf weed control
- Round 3 – Balanced slow release fertilizer and broadleaf weed control if needed
- Round 4 – Special slow release fertilizer to help with the summer heat and broadleaf weed control for tough summer weeds
- Round 5 – Balanced high nutrient slow release fertilizer for long lasting green during fall and broadleaf weed control if needed
- Round 6 – Winterizer treatment to promote root growth and quick green up in the spring
Our fertilizer consists of nitrogen which promotes lawn color and growth. It also contains potassium to help with drought tolerance.
Yes, there is a form of weed control (either granular or liquid) with every application
Yes, we recommend all 6 applications for your lawn, but you can choose your own custom program with applications of your choosing. However, at least 4 applications are recommended to control weeds and have consistent color.
Yes, however, we highly recommend all 6 applications be taken. In order for us to guarantee the program customers must take at least 4 applications a year for at least two years.
You will see results within 7-10 days, but the product needs at least 2 weeks to work through the plant. We cannot reapply any weed control until after 2 weeks have passed.
To request a service call customers must take a minimum of 4 fertilizer applications. In addition, at least 2 weeks must have passed since the first service was performed for us to reapply fertilizer or weed control. If 2 weeks have passed and the results are not to your satisfaction, please call the office and a tech will be out promptly to perform the free service call.
The fertilizer technician will leave instructions on when to water your lawn with the invoice.
- If your lawn was treated with a granular fertilizer the rain will actually help! It will start breaking down the fertilizer.
- If your lawn was treated with a liquid product, the product will be completely dry within 15-20 minutes. A light rain will help the weeds take in the product. However, if there is a heavy rain please allow 2 weeks from treatment to call and we will perform a free service call.
The best time of day to water is early in the morning, between 5am-7am. On hot days water the lawn for a few minutes in the afternoon to help cool down the lawn. It is not recommended to water your lawn after 6pm.
The fertilizer technician will leave instructions on your invoice, but please wait a minimum of 2 hours.
The law states we must post a sign on the lawn after a pesticide application has been done. It is also flagged to let customers know to check the service invoice the technician left on the front door for any specific instructions.
An invoice is left on the front door after each application to inform what was applied on the lawn and if there are any further instructions for you to follow.
The top signs would include brown spots or any other discoloration, and if there is something digging up your lawn. If you see these signs or anything else concerning, please call the office and a technician will be happy to come out to diagnose the problem and recommend treatment.
If you bag your lawn we recommend waiting at least 24 hours to mow your lawn. If you mulch your lawn please wait at least 2 hours before cutting your lawn.
We recommend mowing at 3 inches to 4 inches, except for the first and last cut. For the first and last cuts we recommend mowing at 2-2.5 inches.
The bugs you see in your home were already inside before the treatment. They are trapped inside now due to the barrier outside. The ones trapped inside should be gone within 2 weeks. The perimeter pest control application can only be applied outside houses, we cannot go inside.
Yes! We provide sprinkler start-ups and winterizations, along with repairs. Sprinkler repairs are a $48 service fee.
Parts and labor are additional.
If you are having trouble logging into your account please call the office staff and they will be happy to resolve your problems.